Friday, May 4, 2012

How do I figure out what video card is in my pc?

My pc keeps crashing, it seems like it happens mostly when I am uploading podcasts on itunes.



When it reboots I get the prompt to send error report to Microsoft.

Every time they anylize it there is the suggestion to update the drivers on my video card.

I have no idea what my card type is, or where to look for updated drivers?|||Go to device manager.|||Right Click on "My Computer", click on "properties", go to "hardware" and click on "Device Manager", Select from the List of devices, "sound video and game controllers".

Ideally I would right click on every one of them and update drivers.

That should fix the problem, if not you will need a new Video Card, costs about 20 all the way up to 100s. TAKE YOUR PICK|||I support you have windows xp....To check the video card type, right click on my computer and select properties, click on the hardware tab at the top and select Device Manager. Click on the plus sign next to the one that says Display adapters and you should see ur graphic card here. You can then go to their respective site and download the latest drivers.



Say for example you see Nvidia goto http://www.nvidia.com and select the option download drivers and select the option from the list to download the drivers that you need.



Another option would be to test if microsoft itself has the updated drivers. To do this do the same steps as before and this time in the Device Manager right click the display adaptor that you see under the Display adaptor and select properties, then click on the drivers tab and click update drivers and select Yes this time only in the box that comes up and click next and follow the steps.



Hope this helps....|||the device manager will have the info. updating drivers is easy online, each vendor supports its own drivers on its website. you might want to get a new graphics card, they have improved a ton over the past 18 months. 256MB ATI or NVIDIA are the best bets, shouldn't be too expensive|||open up the case and read the chip|||I agree... If you're having a hard time finding the name of the card through the computer interface, then just open the case and read it directly on the video card. If you don't know for sure which card it is, look at the card that your monitor is plugged into. Pretty much every video card I've ever seen clearly states the manufacturer somewhere on the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment