Friday, May 4, 2012

Will there be any difficulty adding a new video card to a desktop with integrated graphics?

I have never done this before. My PC does have graphic card slots, but when I opened it up today to see which kind I had, I noticed the motherboard used an integrated graphics card. Will I need to disable this before I install the video card, or take any other action? Thank you.



Also, how would I disable it?|||You have to go into your bios to disable it. look around you should be able to see it. should say something like graphics === on-board change to PCI-e.



hopefully your computer isnt too old and has a PCI-E slot. because most modern day gpus are PCI-E anything else isnt worth it and expensive/rare.



also you might need/want to upgrade your power supply.

since you never done this before im assuming you bought it in a store fully built already.

the companys didnt want you to "upgrade" they want you to buy a new computer so the power supply isnt going to be strong enough most of the time.|||Im guessing your motherboard has a PCI-E slot?



And once you install the new graphics card in, just hook up the VGA to the graphics card slot, it will be disabled automatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment