Monday, April 23, 2012

Does upgrading your video card give you better fps in world of warcraft?

I have a old laptop, and I run at 10-20 fps average. How would I increase my fps? Like up to 60+, would this be a video card?|||what do you need 60+ for?



WoW is very RAM demanding and you get a lot of chopping when it runs out of either system RAM or Video Memory. Also having a faster transfer rate between video and Memory is important for WoW (like PCI express instead of AGP graphics)



I'm guessing though that your best bet with an older laptop is actualy to just get a memory upgrade.



Another thing is to raise the process priority in windows XP/2000 or Vista. To do this Open the task manager while WoW is running (ctrl-alt-del) and choose the processes tab. Choose the wow.exe process or whatever it is on your computer from the list. Now right click on that process and a little menu pops up, go to Set Priority and set it to 'real time'.



The little warning message says this could maybe crash your computer but if it does just restart and try a lower priority if you do it again. It can't actuay hurt anything permanently.|||This could definitely be your Video Card. Also, upgrade your RAM. I had 1 Gig of RAM and an old video Card in my comp when I played WoW, and it ran horrible. I upgraded to a Nvidia 5200FX and 2 Gigs of ram and it ran like a dream. You can get RAM and an even better Video card for less than 150$ at Newegg.com, its the best site ever for upgrading your PC...Cheap, fast shipping, BAM...Perfect WoW playing time in a few days.|||you cant upgrade a laptop's video card best bet is to try some ram best of luck

No comments:

Post a Comment