Monday, April 23, 2012

What video card should I put in my SG45H7 shuttle?

I have this shuttle and I am currently running 8Gb DDR2 ram and a Quad core at about 3.1Ghz, wondering what would be a good video card for this system would like to do some heavy gaming and multi-tasking.|||Heavy gaming, meaning 1-2 hours a day, or 4-5+? Either way, I would suggest a short card, as it doesn't look like you have a lot of room in that case (if still using original) I would recommend checking your Motherboard and space available. If you would like something rather cheap and will pump out a lot of performance, get an ATI 4770, which goes for about $80 on New Egg now. I put that in my first build and I have been playing all games at 1920x1080 without many problems. If you have the money and the space, I would get a 5800 series card, as you will not get all the eye candy from the 4770. I've upgraded from my 4770 to the 5850 and am very pleased. Now I just need some more monitors and I'm set.



Or, for a few bucks more, then the 4770, get a 5770. The boost in performance from the 4770 to the 5850 isn't a "blow your kilt up" jump, it's not very noticable, but once I get another monitor or two, I will probably see the difference, but with only one monitor, it isn't as great as I was lead to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment