Monday, April 23, 2012

How can I check to see if my video card is working properly?

Hi,



So I have noticed lately that image quality on my computer hasn't been the greatest and even things on the nest. For examples the avatars on yahoo look slightly blurry and images on futureshop as well.



I recently installed ram on my computer and when I turned my computer back on I got a black screen referencing my video card which is why I am concerned about it. How can I check to make sure that everything is working fine and that it is okay?|||First , Ram should have nothing to do with your video.



I'd check your video card under device manager to ensure it is working properly.



Next, i'd try downloading and installing the latest drivers from your video card's manufacturer.|||first off, put the old RAM back in, and then see if it works, second find the native resolution of your monitor and set the video card to display at that resolution from within the driver's control panel. once you do that you shouldnt have a problem.|||Use the software that came with your video card manufacturer or visit the manufacturer's website.|||Sounds like you aren't running at your monitor's native resolution. That can make things look somewhat fuzzy.



Many widescreen monitors must run at 1440x900 or 1680x1050 for best quality. Check you video display properties and see what your current resolution is...

No comments:

Post a Comment