Friday, April 27, 2012

How can I find out if a Macbook Pro has a video card?

I bought a Macbook Pro in June 2009 and I don't know if they have video cards. I want to buy a game for the computer but I'm not sure if my computer will support it... The game requirements say it needs this: "Radeon 9000 or later or GeForce FX5200 or later video card". So if someone could tell me how I can find this out I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you!|||The new Macbook Pro notebooks sold in mid 2009 had NVidia GeForce 9000 series cards. At the least, it was an NVidia GeForce 9400.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/apple.html



end of line|||Assuming you bought it after June 8, 2009 (that was the release date for the mid-2009 macbook pro's):



If it's a 13" Macbook Pro, you have a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

If it's a 15" 2.53ghz Macbook Pro, you have a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

If its a 15" 2.66ghz or 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, you have a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M and NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

If it's a 17" Macbook Pro, you have a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M and NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT



Confused? Click the Apple icon on the top right and scroll to "about this mac" and then to "more info". Click on Graphics/Displays on the left pane and it will show you what video card(s) you have on the right pane.|||Here are complete details on the graphics capabilities of "Unibody" MacBook Pro models, including those from Mid-2009:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ma…



Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment