Thursday, April 26, 2012

How/where can I upgrade a video card in a gateway Laptop?

I did the vista compatibility scan on my Laptop and it said everything was good to go. I install vista now my video card went from decent to not doing squat. Ofcoarse no company wants to make drivers for vista and companies like NVidia are releasing the only vista compatible video cards.... Basically I've never had work done on a laptop, so from start to finish information on how to change my video card in my gateway laptop that would rock.|||Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, as the guy before me said, it is not worth it to upgrade graphics. The reason being, ALL newer laptops have onboard graphics. Meaning, the graphics is built right into the motherboard.



To change the graphics would mean to change the motherboard. Unfortunately, again, as was earlier said, laptops are proprietary. You would need a motherboard with usb ports and such in the exact spots as the ones on your current motherboard, WITH better onboard graphics. Even if you somehow found one... It'd cost easily hundreds of dollars that you could easily put towards a newer laptop. (~500-800)



Hope this helps!



-Randall|||WHOA, most laptops do not provide an upgrade option for video card. But if someone did, GateWay would, so contact them.



Remember, laptops are proprietary in nature. So Gateway would be your only choice. Spend a dozen hours trying to chase it down, but consider going back to WinDUD XP.



Watch for possible driver candidates at http://www.driverguide.com



Good luck and Happy Computing!|||changing vid card for a laptop isn't worth it. The motherboard probably won't even support it (power requirements, heat build-up, etc). Good luck on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment