Thursday, April 26, 2012

How do I upgrade my system's integrated video card?

I own a dv6000 HP Pavillion laptop. How do I upgrade the video card? If I purchase one, is it possible to open the laptop to replace it?|||Integrated video cards in laptops are soldered directly to the motherboard, there is no way to upgrade them or replace them short of replacing the entire motherboard but then you won't find a different motherboard that will fit most likely. The most you can do is sometimes within the BIOS of the computer you can allocate more RAM to the graphics card so if you have a decent amount or are willing to upgrade the RAM you can get a bit more performance out of the video card.



Basically in the future remember there's really only two things you can upgrade on a laptop for hardware, the hard drive and the RAM.|||You cannot upgrade the integrated video card. As far as I know you cannot take out the integrated video card and replace it in laptops.

No comments:

Post a Comment