Friday, April 27, 2012

How do I know if my video card is junk or if my PCI-E slot is burnt up?

I have an EVGA 7600GT video card that WAS working on my Dell Dimension 4700. My monitor burnt out at one point, and the computer sat there in a closed computer cabinet, acting as my server, for my home network for a couple months. I finally replaced the monitor, but found the computer was not recognizing the video card upon restarting. Did my PCI-E slot burn up or did my video card burn up?|||Trial and error.



Find another computer to put it in to test or find another video card to put in your computer.



If you don't have either of these I would suggest having a computer store test it out, or purchase a video card online with the intention of returning it if you were wrong and buying a motherboard instead.|||easiest way to check is plug the video card into another pci-e slot or another computer and if it work and recognized then the slot went bad if not then the card went bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment