Friday, April 27, 2012

How do I determine what video card driver I need?

I need to download drivers for my video card. I was wondering how I determine which driver I need? I'm having issues on vista (go figure...) and I can't change my screen resolution.

I have a dell computer, but unfortunately its refurbished. I dont know how to determine what I need because of the vista crap. Most everything I saw is for XP..

Thanks!|||go to Start>right click Computer>Manage>left side Device Manager. All of the drivers not installed will show up in a question mark collumn. The driver you have installed will be under "sound, video and game controllers." make sure you download the EXACT correct one off the internet. deffintally use the video card/computer manufacture's website to get it. too many frauds out there.



p.s. vista is good if you use it properly|||Did it work (running Vista) when you got it?

Is it an add on card or built-in?

If and add on card get the make/model, google it.

If it is built-in, get the make/model of the computer, google it

this not working, and if the video worked properly when you got it.

Contact the mfg support folks via chat or phone.

Note: most older hardware does not have vista drivers



Good Luck|||try this program.

it will provide suitable drivers for your system.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-E…

good luck :D

No comments:

Post a Comment