Monday, April 23, 2012

What video card do I need for my desktop computer?

I have an MPC Clientpro 375 computer that I am using as a Home Theatre PC. I'm looking to replace the video card but am not sure what I need. I believe that it is a PCI Express but is there anything else I should look for?|||you should probably go after a small, cheap graphics card since your computer is a small form factor

go for nvidia's 9500 or 9400 GT i dont think the 9600GT will fit|||Look inside and identify which slots are in there first. (image below)



If you're using a slim case (not a full sized midtower case) then you'll need a low-profile (half-height) video card. The Radeon HD 4350/4550 or GeForce 9400/9500 would be good choices for an HTPC. The low profile 9600GT runs very hot and loud, and wouldn't be a good choice.



Before installing any video card make sure to check the rating of your power supply, and ensure that it has at least 18A on the +12v rail for a lower end video card, and at least 25A on the +12v rail for a mid range card.|||for a mdeia computer i suggest ANY of nvidias GT2xx series cards. more meant for blueray and hd audio and such than for gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment