Friday, April 27, 2012

What is a high quality video card for computer games?

I love playing the sims 2 on weekends but the video card for my computer isn't high quality enough to play the newer versions of the games. What is a video card that won't cost me a fortune and works well?



And I have no idea what kind of video card I have now, so if you ask I won't be able to tell you.|||Most high-end video cards have discarded 2D rendering perfomance for greater 3D. The Sims 2 is 2D, so you probably won't be able to run with the best video card. Plus, you'd probably have a huge CPU bottleneck IF your slot is actually compatible



I recommend nVidia GeForce 7800 or equivilent, sounds like your computer is old and has an AGP slot, this is the best card you can get with an AGP slot.|||If you have a regular desktop, this should suit you. I prefer Nvidia over ATI, but they arent too much different. You will want to make sure it is compatible with your computer before you buy it.



http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_gef…



I know it's kind of a lot at $99.99-ish, but it should work great for years to come, too|||This is the best video card. I have this video and all the newest version of games i play work great and on top of that the price of this device is not that expensive.



Diamond ATI Radeon HD 4870 1024MB GDDR5 Video Card 4870PE51G|||i have an ATI and play all the latest and coolest games , but dont buy the original ATI, buy a clone for cheaper. For example, buy a "Diamond ATI card" , and dont pay no more than $75 bucks !|||Should Be good enough for $40 http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Graphics_Cards/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A1642264

No comments:

Post a Comment