Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Problem with an upgraded video card in a vaio desktop?

I have an upgraded video card which I understand uses more power than the stock one. When I first installed it the card was working. It lasted about two days and then the pc stopped booting. I don't even get a post beep, but when I put the stock card back in everything works fine. Would too small of a psu allow it to work for a couple days then be so weak that the post beep wouldn't sound, or do you think the card is bad?|||You can try the video card in another PC to see if it works. If it does, then it's the PSU's fault. If it doesn't work, it's the video card's fault. This can occur with either situation. But, in reality, I would think the PSU would be at fault if you can actually see the BIOS splash screen.



I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment