Monday, May 7, 2012

Where can I check to see if my video card supports dual monitors?

I have a nVidia geforce FX 5200 video card and im using it with windows xp.|||Check the back, if it's got two ports it supports two monitors. Make sure you have the most up to date official drivers/software.|||I'm using an FX 5200 video card also. It has a DVI and a VGA connector on the back. When I bought it, it came with a DVI to VGA connector, you use this to attach the DVI connector on the card to a second monitor (assuming your second monitor has a VGA connector). You'll also need to download the Nvidia drivers and software for this video card to get it to work with dual monitors. The 5200 does support dual monitors, I've got mine setup to work with dual monitors .Windows XP will not support the dual monitor feature of this card unless you install Nvidia's software either download from their website or use the CD with your video card.



Here's some info about DVI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Vis…

No comments:

Post a Comment