Monday, May 7, 2012

How can I increase the performance of my video card on my Windows XP?

I want to run Fallout 3 but my video card isn't good enough and I don't want to go out and buy a new one.

It says I'm running like an Intel card, but I don't know how to access my settings.|||First you do a right click an empty space on desktop, and choose properties.

Then you can open the video settings. Make the resolution lower, and the frame rate higher.

Some video cards let you share memory from RAM for video use. Don't know about yours without more info.

Do another boot setup without most of the crap that starts and robs your system of performance. Then you can go to a game and it will run much faster.

Easiest way is to do another user for the game, log in with that, and then go to Run...command...msconfig and Startup. Uncheck almost everything not needed to run basic machine and your game. Apply, close, reboot.|||if you are on a desk top computer then you can replace the card with a used but much better card at your local flea market cheaply if it is a laptop you are stuck with what it has

No comments:

Post a Comment