Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What kind of video card slot does my motherboard have?

My computer is a Compaq Presario SR2150NX. its a couple of years old. The reason I want to know what video card slot the motherboard has is because I need to know if it can handle a high end video card, much like a NVIDIA GeFORCE or a ATI with 512mb of vido RAM. So, if you can answere both of these I would be very greatful. Game on|||you have a PCI EXPRESS X 16|||Your System has the following expansion slots: 3 PCI slots (2 available) 1 PCI Express x16 slot (available), and based on your machines specifications, it most likely has a 300w something power supply unit, not enough to power anything higher than a Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT and Equivalent ATI, if you want to get a stronger nvidia/ATI graphics card, i would get a Corsair 700w power supply from newegg.com to power the graphics card without issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment