Sunday, May 6, 2012

How easy is it to add a video card in a laptop?

I have a Compaq c700 laptop, with a intel graphics card. I got Call of Duty World at War, just to find out that my graphics card isn't good enough. So how easy will it be, or is it even possible, to upgrade my video card to something better? I am tech savvy, I build desktop computers all the time, and have a strong knowledge of computers|||Laptops generally are not upgardable...You can swap out harddrives and memory, but video cards, especially your intel graphics are soldered onto the motherboard. Unless your laptop makers offers an upgrade, you are out of luck.|||Here you need a friend I wish you good luck!



http://vista.notebooks-driver.com/vista-…|||Break out the solderin iron and good luck|||you cant upgrade a laptops graphics chip they are built into the motherboard sorry|||It's not possible in that one.



If you want a good gaming laptop without needing a huge loan, look at the Gateway FX series. The P7811FX - around $1,450 - has an nVidia 9800M video card. (And it's replaceable if you want to upgrade it in the future.) The P6860FX is $100 cheaper (if you can still find one), but it runs an nVidia 8800M (also upgradable).

No comments:

Post a Comment